Check if you qualify

Affordable connectivity program

Easily find out if you qualify

Use this simple tool to find out if you qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program.

Households may qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) benefits several ways.

  • Based on your household income or
  • If you or your child or dependent participate in certain government assistance programs such as SNAP, Medicaid, WIC, or other programs or
  • If you or anyone in your household already receives a Lifeline benefit

Review the information below for specific details.

Household income requirements

A household is eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program if the total household income is at or below these amounts (200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines).

Household SizeIncome
For each
person, add:

Participation in certain government assistance programs

If someone in your household participates in one or more of the following State or Federal Assistance Programs, you may be eligible for ACP benefits.

  • CalFresh or SNAP, formerly known as Food Stamps
  • Medi-Cal
  • Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
  • Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
  • Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
  • Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
  • Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program, including at U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Community Eligibility Provision schools
  • Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year

Tribal Assistance Programs

If you live on qualifying Tribal lands, you are eligible for the ACP if your household income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines (link above), or if you (or someone in your household) participate in:

  • Any of the federal assistance programs listed above
  • Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
  • Head Start (only households meeting the income qualifying standard)
  • Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
  • Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations

Qualify through a child or dependent

Any member of your household can make your household eligible if they participate in one of the programs above. For example, if your child or dependent participates in the Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or is enrolled in a USDA Community Eligibility Provision school, your household qualifies for the ACP benefit.

If you already receive a Lifeline benefit

If you currently receive a Lifeline benefit, you automatically qualify for the ACP, and you can receive both benefits at the same time. You can apply your ACP benefit and your Lifeline benefit to the same or separate services.